Best Tablets Under 50 Dollars

Best Tablets Under 50 Dollars

So here we are at the bottom end of the price range, showing the best tablets under 50 dollars. You might still be pleasantly surprised what you can get for such a low price. However, it is worth keeping your expectations somewhat realistic. These tablets aren’t not quite as high spec as the tablets higher up in the price range. Sometimes it can just be less internal storage, as is the case with the 8GB version of the Fire tablet, which is $20 cheaper than the 16Gb version.

Best Tablet Under $50

BestBuyTabletsUnder100.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is at no extra cost to you.

Fire Tablet, 7″ Display
Wi-Fi, 16 GB – Includes Special Offers, Blue

View Price ButtonCutomer Comments Button Blue

Well, you definitely get a lot for your money here, with a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, front and back facing cameras, 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded all the way up to 128GB with a microSD card, and a 7-inch screen with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. It runs its own operating system – Fire OS 5 – and comes with access to Amazon underground, an app store containing more than $20,000 worth of games and apps for free.

The battery lasts for up to 7 hours, making it ideal for extended sessions watching videos and movies or browsing the web.

Best Kids Tablet Under $50

nabi Jr.
4GB Kids Tablet

nabi Jr 4GB Kids Tablet

View Price ButtonCutomer Comments Button Blue

This is the first fully featured tablet created specifically for children. Please be aware, though, that it’s not a toy. It is actually an educational tool, specifically designed for early childhood education. Having said that, your young child will have a lot of fun with it, and it does come with 30 pre-loaded games and apps.

It can also be used for watching their favourite TV shows and movies, as well as recording videos and taking photos. Because it has been designed for kids, you can be sure that they are in safe hands as soon as they turn it on.

Why buy a tablet for only $50?

Maybe you want a tablet for your kids. Maybe you are very short on money and you just want something you can use to play a few games, watch a few videos, and go on Facebook. You just need to be aware that these are right at the bottom of the price range, so you are not going to get the best tablet ever invented. Actually, since this whole website is about tablets under $100, none of them are going to be right at the top of the range.

That being said, you can still get something pretty good for less than $50. Whether it’s an Astro Tab A737, a Dragon Touch Kids Tablet, or a Fire 7-inch, you will get something very useable. If you read the reviews from previous customers, a lot of people are very happy with them. It’s just a case of keeping your expectations realistic. Are these tablets going to perform like the latest iPad? No. Are they good enough to play a few games, watch a few videos, and browse the web? Yes.

I’m afraid that’s all the best tablets under 50 dollars we have. If you want a larger range of tablets to choose from, take a look at our best buy tablets under 100 dollars page.

15 Comments

1. Denise

I’m happy I read this post because I desperately need to get the kids a couple of these tablets to resolve the revolution that is about to ensue at my home due to summer and having just one computer.
    I am surprised that the kindle fire ranked lower than the others
    Thanks for the varied options, I think the Astro and the Aceson will be great.

1. admin (Post author)

Yes, a low priced tablet is ideal because it would allow them to do all the fun things they want to do on the computer such as watch videos, play games, and go on Facebook.

2. Debra

I honestly am confused about these. What is the difference between an ipad, a laptop, and a tablet? I’m a writer, and people have told me more than once that I might want to consider a notebook – because it would be portable and I could write anywhere. Is a notebook the same as a tablet? My biggest question is, can I type – I mean really sit down on a type long stuff – on one of these tablets?

1. admin (Post author)

A laptop is a portable computer. A tablet is like a large smartphone in that it has a touch sensitive screen and would’t be used for such heavy duty applications as a laptop would be. A notebook is just a small laptop. An iPad is a particular brand of tablet. I hope that answers your questions. Thank you for your comment, Debra.

3. Jessie

I’m looking to get some tablets for the family and I’m wondering what you think of the two brands I’ve narrowed it down to so far. For the kids, I was looking at the 7″ Dragon touch and for myself and my husband I was thinking about the 10″ Fusion 5. Have you ever heard of them and if so what do you think of them.

1. admin (Post author)

To find a great value tablet for your kids, please take a look at my Kids Tablets page. Regarding the 10″ Fusion 5, I don’t think I have seen that one, but I will be sure to keep an eye out for it when I net update this site with the best tablets currently available.

4. Heathguy33

Great post man i really needed to find this being that i have a few special birthdays coming up here soon. I will look into purchasing four of the simbas funlet tablets.
    Thanks so much for saving me some money and making my kids birthday presents awesome. I will share this with other parents in my local area to help spread the word.

1. admin (Post author)

Glad you found it helpful. Yes, those funlets will be great for kids.

5. Karlo

Interesting post about tablets. Honestly I didnt now that there is a Tablet for less than 50 dollars. I am interested in buying one. Which is the best to buy? Can you tell me what is quality of those Tablets? Does it have money back guarantee? Keep up the good work.

1. admin (Post author)

The best one is the Astro Tab A737

6. Hannah

This is so helpful. I was not aware you could even get a tablet for this price range to be honest. Personally I would be worried about something going wrong, but at least if it did you wouldn’t have wasted loads of money!

I am using a Tesco HUDL right now which is pretty cheap but it does the job. Only problem with it is battery life.

Great site. Keep up the good work.

1. admin (Post author)

Yes, battery life is certainly an important factor for a tablet, since you will often be away from a power source when using it.

7. Faraday 3D

I own an Apple iPad. I bought it after long internet research. But i never considered any tablet below such price – 100$. I thought it is impossible to buy something good for such amount of money. Now i see i was wrong. This could imply that expensive is not necessarily always better…

1. admin (Post author)

That’s right, the most expensive is not always the best. I think Apple products are more expensive mainly because of the brand.

1. parth rathod

So true. I also own an iPad and I think there are much better tablets in then market than the iPad. Thank you.