Best 6 Inch Tablets Under $100

Looking for the best 6 inch tablets under 100 dollars? Well, there’s really only one contender, and that’s the Fire HD6.

Best 6 Inch Tablets Under 100 Dollars Colors

BestBuyTabletsUnder100.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is at no extra cost to you.

View Price Button Cutomer Comments Button Blue

Why buy a 6-inch tablet?

At this size, a tablet is only a little bit bigger than a smartphone. It’s really like having a large smartphone in your hand. For some people, it will seem too small, but for others, it might be the perfect size to fit in your pocket to carry around with you. If you are concerned that it might be too small for you, take a look at our other tablet sizes. You can get anything from 7-inch tablets up to 10-inch ones, so you have plenty to choose from.

Best 6 Inch Tablets Under 100 Dollars

The Fire DH6 is available in both 16GB and 8GB versions, depending on how much money you want to spend. With a screen size of only 6 inches, it is like having a big smartphone in your hand. For the price, you definitely get a lot for your money, though. It has a fast quad-core processor, with two of the cores running at 1.5GHz and the other two running at 1.2GHz. The 6-inch screen has very high definition resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, with a Gorilla Glass screen.

It is also available in several different colors.

Best 6 Inch Tablets Under 100 Dollars Colors

It’s worth noting, though, that this does not run the Android operating system like many other tablets do. Instead, it runs Amazon’s own proprietary operating system called Fire OS 5. Of course, I could write about all the feature the Fire HD has, but it’s all there on Amazon already, so you might as well just head on over to Amazon and read about it there.

View Price Button Cutomer Comments Button Blue

Well, that’s it for the best 6 inch tablets under 100 dollars. If you want to browse through more tablets, take a look at our main page of tablets under $100.

14 Comments

1. andrejs

Hi, And thanks for reminding me about those cheap tablets.
    I am looking for six to seven inches, not scrappy Chinese things, tablet, with more or less fast processor to do some experiments with marine navigation software. Looks like the Fire DH6 with 16GB could be considered as one of the candidate.

1. admin (Post author)

Yes, the Fire HD6 could be a good choice for that.

2. emmanuel

Hey Marcus,

This tablet looks like it will be for good use. Right now I have a tablet, but I am looking for another one to do my work. I think that the Fire HD6 will be a great tablet to buy.

Is 16 GB the most it comes in or does it come in 32GB and 64GB?

1. admin (Post author)

I agree, the Fire HD 6 is a great choice. They come in 8GB and 16GB versions, but this can be expanded up to 128GB, plus there is unlimited cloud storage for Amazon content.

3. Bruce

A while ago I was searching for a tablet that I can enjoyably read comics on, I used to buy the paperbacks but when I moved to another country I paid a lot of money and I don’t want that to happen again. I decided to buy the iPad Air 2, what do you think of it?

1. admin (Post author)

Hi Bruce. I’ve never used the iPad Air 2. You bought it, so what do you think of it? 🙂

4. Dejan

Hey there!

I’ve had a bad experience in ordering a tablet online. Because I wanted to save some money I ordered a tablet from an unknown company. I’ve read some reviews on it and took my chances. It was all good at the start, but then it started running very slowly after aprox. 6 months.
    Does this happen with this tablet as well ?

1. admin (Post author)

Where did you buy it from? Was it Amazon? If you have any problems buying anyting from Amazon, you should be covered.

5. Jason

Hi! I’m a pretty big fan of Pokemon Go and I right now I only play on my Nexus 4 smartphone, which isn’t very good. I would like to play on a tablet, but that’s literally the only thing I see myself using it for. What do you think is the cheapest tablet I can get that would be good for playing Pokemon Go?

1. admin (Post author)

The problem you will have when trying to play Pokemon Go on a tablet is that you will be restricted to using WiFi. This might be fine in a city with lots of hotspots, though. If that’s the case, the Amazon Fire HD 6 will be fine.

6. Travis Smithers

It’s surprising just how far technology has come to have a six-inch tablet with quad core processor in it to function. I have been debating about getting a tablet but have been trying to figure out the best size to choose from.

With the information you have provided for taking this one for under a $100 I think I should check out the reviews and maybe purchase one of these to try them out.

1. admin (Post author)

Yes, it really is quite extraordinary how much you can get for less than $100 these days. Several years ago, one of my friends bought a tablet for $100 and it was awful. The touch screen response was really slow and innacurate. I couldn’t type on it or do anything really. For some reason he was really pleased with it. I think he just didn’t want to admit that he’d bought a really cheap and nasty product. Look how far things have come since then, though!

7. Simon

We have nephews and nieces that have the Amazon Fire and these tablets certainly get hammered through gaming, however they stand up to kids pressures adequately and like you say you can purchase in the colours of your choice. We find in our family the girls choose pink to stop the lads playing with them whilst the boys go for black or blue.

We purchased an Acer Iconia for Mum to use, although this is just £1 short of £100 over in the UK it surprised me how good this is, I thought iPads had the ground covered for quality yet there’s some tablets knocking on this door at such reasonable prices, I’m impressed.
    Which tablet do you have?
    Simon.

1. admin (Post author)

That’s great!

I’ve got the Samsung Galaxy tab, but I’ve had it for a couple of years now.